Importing Graphics

Eric Miller egm2 at tidepool.com
Sat Feb 6 15:10:09 EST 1999

Tom Gewecke wrote:

> I have some 1-degree relief maps in PICT format (but convertable to lots of
> other common things, like TIFF, GIF, etc) I want to import into GRASS.  Can
> someone tell me, or point me to a reference that explains the easiest way
> to do this?  Many thanks, tom at bluesky.org
>
> PS  I now have Cutgrass4.2 working very well on MkLinux.  It seems most of
> my problems were due to apparent incompatibility with Afterstep.  Changing
> my window managers did the trick.

r.in.tiff, r.in.gif, r.in.sunrast
NOTE: tiffs come in several flavors and apparently GRASS only recognizes
one. I've used both the sunrast and gif successfully.

You'll need to know your image extents. Set up your location to match
those extents and your image resolution *exactly*. Then import the
images and run r.support to specify the extents of your images.
--
                    Eric G. Miller
mailto:egm2 at tidepool.com | http://www.tidepool.com/~egm2