Compiling Grass 5.0

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Feb 10 09:31:02 EST 1999

Hi Michel, hi all,

thank you for your remarks. I have updated the source package of GRASS 5.0
today. It is available at Hannover site, and will be uploaded soon to
Baylor and the mirrors.

> GISGEN fails in src/mapdev/v.digspline because an error in
> src/mapdev/v.digspline/Gmakefile, line 224 :
>
>         if [ ! -d $(TXT)/DIGIT ]; mkdir $(TXT)/DIGIT; fi
> should be
>         if [ ! -d $(TXT)/DIGIT ]; then mkdir $(TXT)/DIGIT; fi
>
> same error line 231 ("then" is missing)
This error is fixed now.

> the directory "CVS" in src/mapdev/v.digspline/digitizers must also
> be suppressed if you don't want COMPILE to stop here...
Also fixed.

> INSTALL doc doesn't remind you to go to src/display/devices/XDRIVER
> and run /..../grass5.0beta/src/CMD/gmake5.0 (absolute path mandatory)
XDRIVER and CELL driver are new in the list of modules, which shall
be compiled. It is done by the script "COMPILE.sh" now.

Module specific bugs (due to floating point changes or whatever) please
send to

   grass at baylor.edu

We collect and fix it for the "GRASS 5.0 stable" version for spring.

Thank you for the overwhelming response (especially downloads).
With your help we and us can develope GRASS for your needs. GRASS
is open source - your chance to improve this GIS!

"Happy downloading..."

    Markus Neteler