tcltkgrass (GRASS 5.0beta, SGI, Linux)

Stephan Eickschen eicksch at uni-muenster.de
Fri Feb 12 07:54:21 EST 1999

Hi - it's me again :)

I have trouble starting tcltkgrass on our SGI - all I get is this (and
I really do not understand it...):

-------- snip ----------------------------------------------------------

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <ImageImport>
GRASS 5.0beta > tcltkgrass&
[1] 10285

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <ImageImport>
GRASS 5.0beta > Error in startup script: can't read "0": no such
variable
    while executing
"exec wish8.0 "$0" "$@""
    (file "/exports/sgi/GRASS/grass5.0/bin/tcltkgrass" line 4)

[1]    Exit 1                 tcltkgrass

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <ImageImport>
GRASS 5.0beta >

-------- snip ----------------------------------------------------------

On my Linux Box there is another problem with tcltkgrass (I do not have
anything running like netscape, xv or what ever but do only have a 8 bit
display...):

-------- snip ----------------------------------------------------------

bgerror failed to handle background error.
    Original error: cannot auto-load command "tkMessageBox"
    Error in bgerror: invalid command name "bgerror"

-------- snip ----------------------------------------------------------

That occurs anytime I want to use the menuitems (the only way to quit
tcltkgrass is to use the quit / kill of the tcltkgrass window itself...

Any suggestions... :-)

	Have a nice weekend,

		Stephan

Stephan Eickschen                     Tel. : +49 (0)251 83-34704
Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet   Fax. : +49 (0)251 83-36100
Institute for Geophysics
Research Unit of Physical Glaciology  email: eicksch at uni-muenster.de
Corrensstrasse 24
48149 Muenster