tcltkgrass (GRASS 5.0beta, SGI, Linux)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at uwm.edu
Fri Feb 12 15:18:12 EST 1999

Hallo Stephan,

On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 01:54:21PM +0100, Stephan Eickschen wrote:
> I have trouble starting tcltkgrass on our SGI - all I get is this (and
> I really do not understand it...):
> -------- snip ----------------------------------------------------------
> GRASS 5.0beta > Error in startup script: can't read "0": no such
> variable
>     while executing
> "exec wish8.0 "$0" "$@""
>     (file "/exports/sgi/GRASS/grass5.0/bin/tcltkgrass" line 4)
Looks like you have an old tcl tk version installed.

To find out:
Try to call wish8.0 alone (exit with exit).
Otherwise call wish and enter: $tk_version
It will complain about the number as an command name, but
the number should be 8.0. :-)

Get a new tcl tk Distribution then.

> That occurs anytime I want to use the menuitems (the only way to quit
> tcltkgrass is to use the quit / kill of the tcltkgrass window itself...
>
> Any suggestions... :-)
This also might be realated to a buggy or old tcl tk installation.
If it gives you no trouble, I would try installing 8.0.4. :)
	 Bernhard