Linux --- PATH not set

Ben Horner-Johnson ben at earth.nwu.edu
Wed Jan 20 13:14:16 EST 1999

I would suggest that you use "xhost + $HOSTNAME" (in bash) instead of
"xhost +".  Running "xhost +" opens up your x server to the entire world...
and some people use that access to crash other people's x-servers.  You
could add that "xhost + $HOSTNAME" line to your GIS.sh script or the
grass-4.2 script.

I wouldn't think that GRASS was changing the UID, but it sounds like the
program isn't running as your program (hence the access problems).  Perhaps
it's spawning a sub-shell that isn't properly inheriting the your ownership.

Ben Horner-Johnson
ben at earth.nwu.edu