Problem importing images.

Eric Miller egm2 at tidepool.com
Wed Jan 20 20:42:06 EST 1999

I am having problems importing some image files into GRASS (v 4.2.1), on
Linux/Intel (RedHat 5.1) platform. I have several tiffs, one for each
band of MSS data that I would like to import, but r.in.tif bombs with an
error of unknown symbol _fxstat. I tried converting the image to a
sunraster tif, and was able to successfully import it, but all of the
cell values were 0! I also tried converting an image to a gif and
importing it, but I got an invalid type error (despite the fact that
several other image packages I have opened all of those images fine).
Any help is appreciated.
--
Eric Miller: egm2 at tidepool.com    http://www.tidepool.com/~egm2
	Citizen of the "UNTIED STATES"