Writing GRIB/NetCDF/HDF

Dr. Rupa Kumar Kolli kolli at TROPMET.ERNET.IN
Thu Jan 21 01:11:53 EST 1999

Hi Arlindo:

Thank you very much for your wonderful script lats4d !  I tried it on a PC as
well as HP-UX 10.2 and it works great -- freeing up lots of disk space !!

A minor problem when I use this script interactively is that I need to get out
of GrADS every time I run the script.  Even a 'reinit' doesn't solve the
problem.  Of course the shell script 'lats4d' is a good way out, but sometimes
one needs to work interactively.  Further, in the interactive mode I find that
lats4d ignores the GrADS setting 'set levs ...' given prior to running lats4d;
it writes all the levels.  If one wants to write only subset of the levels, one
has to use the lats4d option 'levs'.

Cheers,

Kumar ...:)