New GIS.sh (bash shell/GRASS problem)

Luis F. Franco luis.franco at icp.pt
Mon Jan 25 06:03:43 EST 1999

Markus and Alan,

I don't know why but the new GIS.sh doesn't work in my config. It's suse
5.3 with grass4.2 v18(~19) installed.
The files that work are the ones I'm sending now. The problem is that
when I try to get a display it doesn't have permission. It's because the
DISPLAY env is ":0.0". The solution is doing a "xhost +" (BTW: I'm using
a computer that it's not conected to the internet...).

How do I get around this?

Thanks

Luís Franco
Instituto das Comunicações de Portugal