New GIS.sh (GRASS modules access problem)

Jan Nicolai Langfeldt j.n.langfeldt at geografi.uio.no
Wed Jan 27 03:44:28 EST 1999

      - /usr/local/grass4x/locks must get rwx permissions (read,write,execute,
	change with chmod ugo+rwx locks/) for everybody (I think there is no
	security problem as standard /tmp has same permissions)

I think you will find that you left out the t found in the very last
column of the permissions in /tmp directories:

  drwxrwxrwt  17 root     root         4096 Jan 27 09:31 /tmp/

These are the recomended permissions for a 'world' accessable
directory.

  chmod 1777 /tmp

or

  chmod 1777 locks

as the case may be, is probably the easiest way to ensure that exactly
the correct bits are set on such a directory.

Nicolai