Using GRASS commands form unix prompt

Agustin Lobo alobo at ija.csic.es
Wed Jan 27 06:45:38 EST 1999

I do not see the problem. I used to write quite a number of scripts
(csh) including some simulations of landscape change. The only thing
you must do is to start grass before runing the script. If the
script takes a long time, you can even use nohup and logout. What
you cannot do is to start grass again with different setings while
the script is runing.
If what you want is to call grass routines from within a program,
you just need to use the objects. Or take the sources, modify and
compile again. You got all posibilities, cannot be more open!

Agus

Dr. Agustin Lobo
Instituto de Ciencias de la Tierra (CSIC)
Lluis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona SPAIN
tel 34 93409 5410
fax 34 93411 0012