Grass on MkLinux Problem

Tom Gewecke tom at bluesky.org
Sun Jan 31 14:33:56 EST 1999

>One reason for this, I have learned, is that if you 'su - <user>' you do
>not get the DISPLAY environment variable in your new shell.
>So after suing and before running grass do a (in bash)
>
>export DISPLAY=:0.0
>
>and it should work. (Or just do not run grass from a su shell).

Thanks much for your response!  I gave it a try, but the message just
changes to "Graph_Set:  Can't open :0.0".  I'm wondering if there is some
kind of permission problem.  But I have been running GRASS as root to
minimize that.  My understanding of what to check the permissions of is
rather limited, unfortunately... Regards, Tom