Exact position of nodes in vector files

Michel Wurtz - ENGEES/CEREG mw at engees.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Jul 8 10:36:06 EDT 1999

Agustin Lobo wrote:

> how can I get the exact coordinates of a given node?

OK, sorry for the first answer : I will try
d.vect (visualise the wrong node)
d.zoom (getting closer)
d.what.vect to look at the node (=> display x and y xoordinates)
vi (or any other editor) to look at something close (most significant
digits of coordinates) in the ascii vector file.

Of course, you can loop the two first until you have enough precision.
(and don't forget to do d.erase after each zoom)

--
Michel Wurtz    ENGEES - CEREG
                1, quai Koch - BP 1039, F-67070 STRASBOURG cedex