Exact position of nodes in vector files

Agustin Lobo alobo at ija.csic.es
Thu Jul 8 09:26:22 EDT 1999

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Michel Wurtz - ENGEES/CEREG wrote:
> If it is v.support that give you the error message, the error is in
> the attribute file (line 23 of $LOCATION/dig_att/<vector file name>),
> not in the line itself and means that one label cannot be attached
> to a line.
>
> If another program gives you the error message, it would be helpfull
> to give the program name and the error message...

Sorry for the missunderstanding: it is not an error message, the programs
run without issuing any error at all. But the result is wrong.
As I indicated in my original message, the problem is most
likely due to an error in the (non-grass) program that projects
lat,lon coordinates into Goode-Homolosine. I can visualize
the wrong node, but cannot find it in the
ascii vector file to correct it. The problem could be solved if
I could know the exact coordinates of the node, as I could
just search the coordinates with the editor. So, my question,
again, is

how can I get the exact coordinates of a given node?

As far as I've seen, both d.what.vect and v.digspline give
cursor coordiantes, not node coordinates.

Thanks for your help

Agus