profile extraction y scale

Henk Coetzee henkc at geoscience.org.za
Thu Jul 15 11:03:05 EDT 1999

Hi

I have started using GRASS for looking at airborne geophysical data, and
it seems to perform admirably (are others using it for this?). One
problem that I have concerns the profiles extracted by d.raster. The
magnetic field at the latitudes where I am working tends to vary between
around 28000 and 31000 nanoteslas. d.profile draws an x-axis from 0 to
the maximum value of the image, and is therefore unable to resolve small
anomalies. Is there a way around this, apart from removing a regional
field, which I could probably do anyway?

Henk

Henk Coetzee
Geophysics Unit
Council for Geoscience
Private Bag X112, Pretoria, 0001, South Africa
Tel: +27-12-841-1192   Fax: +27-12-841-1424