Hurricane effects simulation

Alejandro Hinojosa Corona alhinc at cicese.mx
Tue Mar 2 14:02:15 EST 1999

Dear colleagues,

Do you have any pointer to a methodology within grass to reconstruct
the effects of a hurricane regarding a flood watch allert.
The data I have is the path of the hurricane (position, date/time,
strenght),  precipitation as a function of time, hydrographic features,
elevation model and lithology. The path of it, is from sea to land, crossing
a peninsula and out again to sea. What I would like to calculate is the
flow (water volume) at the end of the watershed, in the streams of
alluvial fans, near the outlet to the sea.

Any hint will be kindly appreciated.

Alejandro Hinojosa