Problems with grass.postgres

Francisco Alonso alonsarp at fcu.um.es
Thu Mar 4 08:20:42 EST 1999

Dear users:

I Installed GRASS 4.2.1 from binaries and I worked with it without
problems

I also have installed postgres database and it runs properly

Now I've compiled it from the sources in order to add new modules,
specially those that link GRASS with postgres database. It works fine,
but the *.pg modules seem not work.

g.select.pg seems to work properly, but when I try to use other modules
I get error messages like:

ERROR: attribute '_pg' not found    with g.table.pg

ERROR: attribute 'table_name' not found
ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "{"   with g.stats.pg

The database I used is correct, I have worked with it in postgres, other
hand the error messages seem to be due to a bad query construction.

Finally, I work with Linux 2.0 and a PENTIUM-166

Has somebody any idea that could help me?

Thanks in advance
--

Francisco Alonso
Area de Geografía Física