Sid images

Frank Warmerdam warmerda at home.com
Thu May 6 20:14:58 EDT 1999

"R. Joe Brandon" wrote:
> The bottom line is anyone up to the challenge of building a viewer for
> GRASS?  Just check out there site and put a query into the contact, I do
> know as of fall 98 they were interested in having folks develop a viewer
> for GRASS.

Joe,

I have developed an OGDI driver in the past on top of the MrSID API.  The
API is easy to use.  However, I am not sure what you mean by ``develop
a viewer for GRASS''.  Do you mean a free standing viewer, distinct from
the normal monitor architecture?  Do you mean a r.in.mrsid command?  I don't
think I would be up to a viewer, though if there is an easy way to plug
additional image formats into the existing viewer, I might be willing to
do that.  An r.in.mrsid command kind of misses the primary value of the
MrSID format.

>From what I have seen, Lizardtech put alot of restrictions on the
redistribution of their DLLs, but they might be OK with this purpose.

Later,