Sid images

Michel Wurtz - LTE mw at engees.u-strasbg.fr
Fri May 7 02:31:30 EDT 1999

R. Joe Brandon wrote:

> Frank,
>
> I am not sure exactly how ESRI has it set up, but I am told that it
> allows the Mr.sid wavelet/raster to be layed in the image plane then vectors
> can be layed over it.  You are right that the r.in.mrsid would amount to

This is exactly what I hope for grass/linux : a better tool for
viewing and editing raster on top of an image.  With orthophoto
and geometricaly corrected satelite images, it would be a good
tool for on-screen digitizing.

--
Michel Wurtz    ENGEES - Laboratoire Territoires & Environnement
                1, quai Koch - BP 1039, F-67070 STRASBOURG cedex