problems installing graphics drivers

R. Joe Brandon rjoe at cast.uark.edu
Thu May 27 13:02:17 EDT 1999

I have been a long time Grass user but have never actually installed it
and so I am going through some of the growing pains with it right now.
Specifically I am running MkLinux on a Mac 7200/90.  I was able to get
grass installed and get the grass prompt up but I am running into
problems getting my graphics drivers to work.  I went into

 /usr/local/grass/grass5.0beta/src/display/devices/XDRIVER (and then CELL)

and did gmake...but got back a screen of errors along the lines of

./Gmakefile: GRAPH: command not found

After I got this error Tom suggested I switch my path in Gmake to

/usr/local/bin/gemake5.0beta.

but that did not work either...am I missing something really basic here?

Thanks in advance

R. Joe Brandon