problems installing graphics drivers

Frank Garcia fgarcia at overland.net
Thu May 27 21:32:50 EDT 1999

"R. Joe Brandon" wrote:

> I have been a long time Grass user but have never actually installed it
> and so I am going through some of the growing pains with it right now.
> Specifically I am running MkLinux on a Mac 7200/90.  I was able to get
> grass installed and get the grass prompt up but I am running into
> problems getting my graphics drivers to work.  I went into
>
>  /usr/local/grass/grass5.0beta/src/display/devices/XDRIVER (and then CELL)
>
> and did gmake...but got back a screen of errors along the lines of

I think the "proper" way to do it is to uncomment the CELL and XDRIVER lines
in src/CMD/lists/local (use local.example as a template) and run GISGEN. You
may be missing something that gets compiled "upstream" from the XDRIVER
directory. If you've otherwise finished your complilation, you can put
"src/display/devices/CELL" in the nextstep file (replace Done). Check the
install file for details if this doesn't sound familiar. It Worked for Me
(tm), but I'm also running Debian on i386, so I can't say if there's a
problem related to MkLinux.

Good Luck,
Frank
fgarcia at overland.net