problem with x-monitor

cicico messere grass421 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 12:28:12 EST 1999

hello,
my name is Mario Palladino, I'm trying to work with
GRASS 4.2.1
We compile it on our HPUX1020 with lesstiff.
When I try to start a monitor it tells me something
like that:

GRASS-GRID > d.mon -L
name            description
status----            -----------
------
x0              X-windows graphics display     not
running
x1              X-windows graphics display     not
running
x2              X-windows graphics display     not
running
x3              X-windows graphics display     not
running
x4              X-windows graphics display     not
running
x5              X-windows graphics display     not
running
x6              X-windows graphics display     not
running
CELL            Create GRASS Raster File       not
running

Mapset <mario> in Location <corleto>
GRASS-GRID > d.mon start=x0
sh: 5755 Memory fault(coredump)
Please start graphics monitor <x0>.
Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
Please start graphics monitor <x0>.
Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance

=====