Some data links

Juhana Nieminen juhana.nieminen at helsinki.fi
Mon Nov 8 12:00:29 EST 1999

Sorry about the link.to PSU... I get the same response
hmm it was still working a week or so back...
try this:
http://www.grida.no/db/gis/prod/html/complete.htm
from there you can get atleast the arctic rivers

juhana

bob at math.umn.edu wrote:

> > Here are some additional data links for those who haven't seen them:
> > DCW: www.maproom.psu.edu/dcw     - all sorts of vector data layers
> > GSHHS:www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/shorelines/gshhs.html -mainly shoreline but
> > includes inland waters
> > Links to misc sites: http://www.helsinki.fi/~jzniemin/gis.html
> >                 and http://www.helsinki.fi/kmus/cartogr.html
> >
> > Hope these help for starters...
> > Juhana
>
> Many thanks.  However I get this when using your link to the Penn State site
> at www.maproom.psu.edu/dcw:
>
>         Forbidden
>         You don't have permission to access /dcw/ on this server.
>
> That's not nice.  :^)
>
> Adios,
> Chris
> --
> C.S. Cornuelle
> School of Mathematics/MCIM, University of Minnesota
> 206 Church St. SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
> (612) 626-8930v, (612) 624-2333f, bob at math.umn.edu
> Ferventer Vestite

Juhana Nieminen, Division of Environmental Biology, GIS Laboratory
P.O.Box 44 (Jyrangontie 2)              tel: +358-9-191 40059
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki        fax: +358-9-191 40048
Finland                              http://ginkgo.pc.helsinki.fi