Installation on DEC Alpha with Digital UNIX 4.0F

Luca Palmeri lpalmeri at ux1.unipd.it
Tue Nov 9 05:26:37 EST 1999

Roderick Brown wrote:

> Dear DEC Alpha users,
>
> Prior to tackling a new installation I'd be grateful if anybody who has
> gone through the installation process on a DEC Alpha runing Digital UNIX v.
> 4.0F (or similar) would be willing to share any tricks needed or warnings I
> should be aware of, or point me toward any FAQ archive where these issues
> may well have been covered already.
>
> Thanks for your time,
>
> Roderick

Hi Rod,
                 I have installed GRASS on DU alpha. The current distribution
(GRASS 5.0 beta5a) is still somehow difficult to  install on DUalpha. Things
should change with the next distribution that will be soon available. If you
need it urgently I can send you a set of patches that may be usefull for the
istallation of beta5a.
Any how feel free to mail me if you have any questions or problems.
For further resources on GRASS & DUalpha you can go to the pages of Bill
Hughes at
http://grasshopper.grasshoppernet.com/~bhughes/

bye
LP

>  Roderick Brown                           Tele: (Int+ 61 3) 9344-9868
>  School of Earth Sciences                Dept.: (Int+ 61 3) 9344-7675
>  The University of Melbourne         Facsimile: (Int+ 61 3) 9344-7761
>  Parkville, 3052                Home Telephone: (Int+ 61 3) 9397-8848
>  Australia                     Email: r.brown at earthsci.unimelb.edu.au

--> Luca Palmeri - Dip. Proc. Chimici dell'Ingengeria
    Universita' di Padova  TEL: +390498275527 -------