Scanning a map that has been folded? (NOT GRASS SPECIFIC)

Scott O'Donnell odonnell at fsl.noaa.gov
Wed Nov 10 10:03:23 EST 1999

Bob,

I once worked in a blueprint reproduction shop.  We used a
vacuum table to flatten articles with creases that needed
to be reproduced.

You may be able to find one locally that could make a reproduction
of your map/s that would scan well.

I would be reluctant to 'iron' a paper map, fearing that it would
skew the printed image introducing other irregularities.

Scott
---

"Robert L. Sandefur" wrote:

> Hello -
>
> This is not grass specific but has anyone gotten the fold creases out of a folded map before scanning? I have several folded maps to scan and am thinking of ironing  them but I would consider  other options (including software). Suggestion for iron settings are also appreciated (steam or dry high or low) Searching the net returned no hits.
>
> Thanx
>
> Bob Sandefur
> Principal Geostatistician
> PAH
> rls at pincock.com (primary)
> rlsandefur at aol.com (secondary)
> 303 914 4467 v
> 393 987-8907 f

It's a little-known fact that the Y1K           | Scott O'Donnell
  problem caused the Dark Ages.                 | odonnell at fsl.noaa.gov