Grass and postgresql package for R (fwd)

Morten Hulden morten at ngb.se
Sat Nov 13 21:17:43 EST 1999

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Agustin Lobo wrote:

> May be somebody with experience on coupling
> Grass and Postgress could collaborate
> on this and we could end up
> with a Grass-Postgress-R coupling.
>
> Agus

Just what I need. Much of my data is in Postgres databases and this saves
me from the export/conversion step before statistical analyses.  Haven't
had time to look at it yet though, but I have two trivial wishes:

1) 'Oh no, not another postgres.tgz file'. I have too many files called
postgres.tar.gz and postgres.tgz, and they all belong to different
packages. Would it be possible to call it RpgSQL.tar.gz or RpgSQL.tgz or
something else that makes it distinct.

2) Similar thing with the functions in postgres.c (why not RpgSQL.c ?):
Rpg_connect(), Rpg_status() ... instead of pg_connect(), pg_status() could
help to avoid confusion with similarly named functions in other postgres
add-on packages.

Morten Hulden