Scanning a map that has been folded? (NOT GRASS SPECIFIC)

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at altoplanos.net
Tue Nov 16 19:04:58 EST 1999

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 Bruce_Byars at baylor.edu wrote:

> Good suggestion David,
>
> But be sure you place a towel between the iron and the
> map (like a bath towel).  You wouldn't want your map to
> scorch or burst into flames.  :-)   Hope that helps as well.

Having done a bit of paper ironing including maps I suggest you use what
is known as a tea towel or get a pressing pad (used for ironing wool
garments).  Place the map face down on a flat hard surface, place the tea
towel/pressing pad over the map, and lightly and uniformly mist it.  Then
using a slightly less than cotton heat _dry_ iron with very little
pressure.  Actually press rather than sliding the iron around.
   If this doesn't get the wrinkles out let the map and pad cool then try
again but this time have the iron set to steam.  If this still doesn't
work you're on you own.  Try other combinations that seem right.

How's this for a listing on the uselessknowledge site!!!

Rod
--
Roderick A. Anderson
raanders at altoplanos.net               Altoplanos Information Systems, Inc.