ArcInfo .e00 import help (newbie)

Rick Ree rree at oeb.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 18 16:02:30 EST 1999

I have an .e00 file containing hypsography data.  I imported it into GRASS
using m.in.e00, and can display the vector map using d.vect and so on. But
how would I (for example) color-code the contours according to elevation?

I'm new to GRASS, and would appreciate any tips and pointers about
migrating from ArcView to GRASS -- the paradigms seem very different --
and especially any tips on what to do _after_ importing .e00 files into
GRASS.  Most info I've found deals with just the import stage.

TIA

--Rick