Where do I get a ppm driver?

Linda Moet lindam at gwnsys.ca
Fri Oct 1 10:20:03 EDT 1999

I would like to save a GRASS raster map as a ppm.  The following should
work:

p.select ppm
p.map.new input=map_script

...but I don't have a ppm driver in /path_to_grass/etc/paint/driver.  I just
have "preview" and "preview2".  I am running GRASS 4.2.1 on Red Hat Linux
5.2.  I did not compile GRASS myself, I just downloaded the binaries.  Just
to make sure I am on the right path, I did the following:

p.select preview
p.map.new input=map_script

...after writing a file called map_script, of course.  It worked, so I am
sure that my only problem is finding a ppm driver.  If anyone can point me
in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Linda Moet
GWN Technologies
lindam at gwnsys.ca