Where do I get a ppm driver?

Michel Wurtz - ENGEES/CEREG mw at engees.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Oct 4 03:08:49 EDT 1999

Linda Moet wrote:

> I would like to save a GRASS raster map as a ppm.  The following should
> work:
>
> p.select ppm
> p.map.new input=map_script
>
> ...but I don't have a ppm driver in /path_to_grass/etc/paint/driver.  I just
> have "preview" and "preview2".  I am running GRASS 4.2.1 on Red Hat Linux
> 5.2.  I did not compile GRASS myself, I just downloaded the binaries.  Just
> to make sure I am on the right path, I did the following:
>
> p.select preview
> p.map.new input=map_script
>
> ...after writing a file called map_script, of course.  It worked, so I am
> sure that my only problem is finding a ppm driver.  If anyone can point me
> in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

You can also use the CELL driver (redirect d.mon in a Grass raster
file),
then export the grass raster file in tiff (or something else), then
use xv (or imagemagik, or pbmplus) to convert your tiff file in ppm.
Not a direct way, but that may be batched too.

My 0.02$... (or should I say Euro?)
--
Michel Wurtz    ENGEES - CEREG
                1, quai Koch - BP 1039, F-67070 STRASBOURG cedex