v.support fails on DIGITAL UNIX

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at uwm.edu
Mon Oct 18 20:38:43 EDT 1999

All this problems have stopped my from trying GRASS5.0b3
on DU (or OSF1 ). :)

On the 19. November is GIS day, as many of you know.
I will probably run GRASS on a computer as demonstration here at
the University Wisconsin Milwaukee.

1. Has anybody really nice graphical examples or research work
I could actually run to show GRASS' power?

2. Is the source code in CVS for GRASS 5.0b4? Can I get access
(read I mean) to the latest version.

On Sun, Oct 17, 1999 at 07:51:22PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> >             I have compiled Grass 5b3 on an alpha with
> > digital unix. The compilation has been a little difficult
> > and took me a whole day, editing the scripts and the
> > code in many points.

> > If developers are interested I can send the complete
> > log of changes I made.
But it on the web as fast as possible.

> Many more fixes we could already apply but before publishing this
> version a few things shall be finished.
>
> The next GRASS 5 version will be *much* better, I am shure.

To Bill and Markus:

It almost looks to me as the PVF has to be recoded using the
XDR (External Data Representation) RFC1832
(e.g. at http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc1832.html)
http://www.acc.umu.se/~balp/rpcunix/xdrtechnotes.HTML

	Bernhard

--
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.    (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Association for a Free Informational Infrastructure              (ffii.org)