Grass4 d.mon problem under Debian 2.1

Adalberto da Silva adalberto at viplink.com.br
Wed Oct 20 11:47:05 EDT 1999

Hello, Markus!

My previous installation was OK, I presume, as long as I made it using your
clear instructions at Hannover.
In spite of this, I've deleted it and ran your install script.
The new installation is as far as I know identical to the previous one and
with the same flaw: d.mon reffuses to cooperate...
I think it could be a problem with Debian install but it sounds strange for
me that Grass5 works flawlessly.
But I really need a working Grass4 because, as I read, Grass5 files are not
backwards compatible and my GIS base relies on Grass4. And I don't want to
migrate back to libc5...
Does anyone have an idea about this problem?
Many thanks,

Adalberto

>> Hello, Grass users!
>>
>> I'm trying to run Grass4.2.1 (version 21, Markus' binaries) but d.mon
>> reffuses to work properly.
>> When I try to open a display, for instance 'x0', the program freezes.
When I