to different users of GRASS

Linda Moet lindam at gwnsys.ca
Thu Oct 21 11:18:42 EDT 1999

I know exactly what your problem is, because I did the same thing when I
first installed GRASS and tcltkgrass.  =+)  Before you start tcltkgrass, you
must start Xwindow. E.g.:

grass4.2 (set your database, location, and mapset)
startx (start Xwindow)
tcltkgrass& (type this in an xterm window)

It doesn't matter whether you run grass4.2 before or after you start
Xwindow.

Good luck,

Linda Moet
Programmer Analyst