Box Counting Method

mark.lake at ucl.ac.uk mark.lake at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Sep 6 15:26:29 EDT 1999

Michael,

I've written a box counting program for GRASS.  It uses bit-flipping
techniques which means that it's very quick, but as a result it may
only run on little endian machines (e.g. Intel-based machines, which
is all I have access to).  You can find out more and download the
source code by following the links from my signature.

If you do want to try compling and running the code on a big endian
machine (such as a SPARC), then I can probably put together some
diagnostics which we could use to modify the code.

Mark

Dr. Mark Lake

Institute of Archaeology              Tel: +44 171 391 1535
University College London
31-34 Gordon Square
London, WC1H 0PY	              Fax: +44 171 383 2572

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/archaeology/research/profiles/lake.htm