How to set default region

Agustin Lobo alobo at ija.csic.es
Wed Sep 15 04:35:07 EDT 1999

Grass is the most flexible gis you can find.
I don't know how you actually set up your Location:
if you let grass do it, it creates the PERMANENT mapset
by itself. The best is that you do not
fuzzy with this mapset.Rather you can create
as many mapsets as you want and with whatever name
you want. You can even create regions
that go outside the default region defined in the
PERMANENT mapset (not recomended, but possible).
But PERMANENT *MUST* exist.
Please read/use the tutorials, it
should take you one day to start up working on your own project.
Note that Locations and Mapsets are but directories
and subdirectories. All plain and standard Unix, no hidden
or secret tricks.

Good luck

Agus

Dr. Agustin Lobo
Instituto de Ciencias de la Tierra (CSIC)
Lluis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona SPAIN
tel 34 93409 5410
fax 34 93411 0012