How to set default region

Kamarul Azlan Mohd Nasir Kamarul at fka.utm.my
Wed Sep 15 03:23:29 EDT 1999

Hi Justin

Thanks for tips. Actually when I changed the mapsets name to
PERMANENT as to your suggestion, then only it works. I wonder
whether we make it a little bit more flexible where it take different
name of mapsets.

Thanks again for your kind help. I really appreciate it.

Cheers

> Hmmm. Is the DEFAULT_WIND file located in the PERMANENT mapset? I seem to
> recall that Grass likes to have a PERMANENT mapset defined for each
> location with a DEFAULT_WIND file stored there, but I'm not sure. Also,
> did you check to see if Grass is functioning properly with one of the
> sample datasets (eg spearfish)? If not, then you can get the datasets from
> the Grass Euopean site:
>
> http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/
>
> or one if its mirror sites. Just follow the link for the "Sample data
> page" off the table on the home page.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
> High Performance Computing Center
> National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC)
> Bangkok, Thailand
> People who think they know everything are very irritating to those
> of us who do.  ---Anonymous
>
> Jazz and Trek Rule!!!

Kamarul
Dept. of Civil Engr