v.to.rast:error G_set_window()

Jaro Hofierka hofierka at netlab.sk
Sun Sep 19 05:15:27 EDT 1999

At 17:09 12.7.1999 +0200, you wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Michel Wurtz - ENGEES/CEREG wrote:
>
>> Agustin Lobo wrote:
>> > When running v.to.rast using grass5.0beta, I've found
>> > that if the resulting raster needs more than
>> > one single processing pass, the result is wrong.
>> [...]
>

>> You will notice that in the first run, you have 2040 rows, and
>> that the job is done with 4 passes.  The second time, once pass is
>> enough.
>>
>> There is an undocumented parameter in v.to.rast : "rows=512"
>> gives the number of rows keeped in memory (512 by default). This
>> is the reason why your first run uses 4 passes. 4 x 512 -> 2048.
>>
>> Try "v.to.rast in=vgeugoode.v out=vgeugoode rows=2040" with the
>> first region. It should work, without any change in the sources.
>>

>Thanks, it works. It seems that there is a bug that affects only
>if more than 1 page is needed.

Hello all,

This bug affects several commands including r.in.poly,r.digit,r.flow,..

The bug is in ~src/libes/gis/set_window.c between lines 97-119.
My quick fix was to remove these lines and re-compile gis lib and also
all affected commands. Of course, it would be better to fix it in a more
convenient way, however I have no time to figure out what is wrong there...

Jaro