Compiling grass 4.3 on SGI IRIX

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Mon Apr 3 15:55:11 EDT 2000

Hi,

i successfully compiled the new grass 4.3 source (march 2000) from the
baylor server on IRIX 6.2 with egcs 2.91.

I had some problems, esp. with the newly integrated HTMLMAP code
(missing $(MATHLIB) in Gmakefile). You can find a list of the problems
at http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange/grass/compile-grass43.txt .
(scroll down to the end of this file!).
Some mistakes should be corrected for a updated version of the source
code.

I would vote for a recognizable sub-version scheme for grass4.3 as it
was not clear to me which file to download from the server. Maybe this
was an error of the ftp proxy i use.

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de, A.C.Lange at GMX.net