compiling grass5.0beta7 on linux

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Apr 24 11:46:36 EDT 2000

On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 02:16:31PM +0200, Andreas Lange wrote:
> Hi!
>
> just in case someone else wants to compile the new source code
> (grass5.0beta7.tar.gz):
>
> There is an error in r.cost (src/raster/r.cost) which stops compiling of
> this module: INFINITY undeclared in function main.

Hi there,

INFINITY is defined in

/usr/include/math.h:    INFINITY        representation of the infinity value of type 'float'

If r.cost is not compiling on your machine, I assume your compiler
is not installed properly. The declarations in src/raster/r.cost seems
to be o.k.

Kind regards

 Markus Neteler