r.support problem

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat Aug 19 10:47:34 EDT 2000

Hi Hari,

On Sat, Aug 19, 2000 at 01:59:48PM +0930, Hari Kishore wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I am trying to import some ortho photos (50 to be precise each of about
> 10-16mb size) in to grass (5.0beta8). after creating the database with
> the required parameters I created a directory "cell" and put all the bil
> images there. when I run r.support to create the support the images are
> all listed, but do not open it gives out a error message "could not read
> the header" and "cannot continue" and bails out.
Yes, because an additional header file is required (goes into
cellhd/
) and a cell-misc directory (goes into
cell_misc/
). Solution:

Use the import modules to read the files. The module
i.tape.other
can read from CDROM.

> Also I am having problems compiling the g3d module. I
> receive an error message ".................LGl.w not found." I think
> this is Mesa problem, however the NVIZ2.2. compiles without any problem.
> Suggestions will be appreciated.

It expects MESA to be compiled properly.
See:

http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/faq/index.html
-> NVIZ visualization tool:
  -> Problems with Mesa3D-libraries: Please install MESA properly. Read our
     instructions...

for details.

Cheers

 Markus