[GRASSLIST:1227] Re: grass5beta9 start

jussi juhana.nieminen at helsinki.fi
Thu Dec 7 02:47:31 EST 2000

Hello all,

We're seeing the same problems as the rest of grassbeta9 users, but
being impatient in seeing how some modules work

a 'Quick and Dirty cut and paste' of the Init.sh from grassbeta8/etc to
grassbeta9/etc can be done...

This seemed to let us open grassb9 ok - and the fixed modules seem to
work nicely but since I don't know much about the new improvements in
the new Init script perhaps this causes something nice to be left out
;-?

Arne Pallentin wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> well, Eric's suggestion did not work. The -help option (grass5 -help ??)
> results in the same error message as grass5 allone or grass5 -text. I tried
> and renamed !/.grass5rc and start grass (both, with and without text
> option), but still the same error...
>
> Arne

Division of Environmental Biology,GIS Laboratory
P.O.Box 44 (Jyrangontie 2)                  tel: +358-9-191 40059
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki        fax: +358-9-191 40048
Finland                               http://ginkgo.pc.helsinki.fi