[GRASSLIST:1275] Re: TCL script "gis_gen.tcl" problem

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Dec 14 11:15:08 EST 2000

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 03:54:40PM +0100, Yann Le Jeune wrote:
> Hi
> I am back on my grass desk after one year.
> I have installl grass5beta10 and i received the same error message, remarked on the mailing list.
> I applied the two corrections (line 706):
>  remove "-nocase" and the "#" solution.
> In payment of my work, i only have a tcl window (empty) with the
> script label(after running "grass5"). If someone can help me... I
> am not yet very good with that kind of unix-style corrections...
> Thanks.

Hi,

for those prefering the text startup of GRASS 5, simply enter
 grass5 -text

This will be stored in .grassrc5, so the next time
 grass5
is sufficient to start the entry screen in text mode.
To get back to tcl/tk mode, run
 grass5 -tcltk

These "secrets" you can read with
 grass5 -help

We'll continue to find problems and encourage you to post them. Especially
with tcl/tk there is nearly no standard and things differing from machine to
machine and between tcl-versions. From the programming side this is quite
complex to find all the traps waiting... So we will publish GRASS 5.0stable
when *it is* stable. Until then the beta's reflect the state of the art.
Please be aware that proprietry software may fail as well in specific
situations :-)

Regards,

 Markus Neteler