[GRASSLIST:1298] Problem of installation..

a.bonicatti at studenti.to.it a.bonicatti at studenti.to.it
Tue Dec 19 01:05:43 EST 2000

Hello

I'm a GIS student interested to use grass, I've installed grass 5.0
beta for linux from a tar gz and everything seem gone right.
Well now from the root prompt if I digit the command:  grass5
anything work.. (but not appear any error message)
I've no more documentation about, is necessary to pass parameters
to the command line?
How could I start to work?
I've tried to start the user interface with the command: tcltkgrass&
without success;
(probably is necessary to define a project area I've read..)

Some suggestions is welcome.

Thanks