NVIZ Segmentation Fault

Philip Warner pjw at rhyme.com.au
Mon Feb 21 18:51:11 EST 2000

I may be being optimistic, but I am running Grass on the beta release of
SuSE Linux for the PowerPC. So far, it all seems to build and run fine (not
that I'd know if there was a problem, but it seems to do what I ask).

However, NVIZ segfaults whenever I try to run it. Nothing is displayed, and
no error messages (other than seg fault). If I try to run NVIZ without X or
Grass, it complains, so I assume that it is at least getting as far as
checking it's environment etc.

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that NVIS had certain video hardware
requirements, but can no longer find anything to that effect. If this is
the case, then the PPC probably does not meet those requirements, and the
problem is solved.

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated - even if they are
only suggestions as to how I can find out more...

Thanks,

Philip Warner.

(A.C.N. 008 659 498)             |          /(@)   ______---_
Tel: +61-03-5367 7422            |                 _________  \