GRASS on WIN/Cygnus forthcoming

Angus Carr acarr at iname.com
Tue Jan 4 15:28:22 EST 2000

I was just playing with compling this under WinNT over Christmas. Funny
that.

Markus, can you provide a patch file (presumably what John H sent you)
for me to try something?

I want to try applying the MessQ patches, to see how they work. I seem
to recall that they are slightly buggy. If memory serves me, they worked
on Solaris, but there were a couple of minor irritations. d.erase had to
be run twice before it worked, and a number of other minor issues.

The original author (whose name escapes me right now) had what he
needed, and moved on. I think I still have a copy of the patch at home,
buried deep in a directory structure of great mystery... :-)

I was going to add a rant next, but I haven't. See my next message.

Angus Carr.