Easy GRASS 5 question

bob at math.umn.edu bob at math.umn.edu
Tue Jan 4 16:04:25 EST 2000

I'm trying to understand how to use GRASS as a read/write mapping
utility.  The challenge for me is to learn what to do in order to
read a pixel from a map layer, process it in some way, and then
write it back out with a new value to the same map layer.  The on-line
docs have not yielded the dark secret of this relatively low-level
operation set.  Could somebody point me in the right direction?  Or
should I start looking at the source code for some related commands?

Thanks.  BTW, tangent now compiles, and thanks.

Adios,
Chris
--
C.S. Cornuelle
School of Mathematics/MCIM, University of Minnesota
(612) 626-8930v, (612) 624-2333f, bob at math.umn.edu
Ferventer Vestite