help needed on orthophoto

Phisan Santitamnont fsvpss at eng.chula.ac.th
Tue Jan 4 22:44:49 EST 2000

Hi,

jiao weili wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to use i.orthophoto to produce an satellite orthoimage eg. TM image? Or
> this programme is just for producing an air orthophoto. Can anyone give me some
> references on producing an digital satellite orthoimage?

i.ortho.phto fits for perspective model.
For digital satellite image it need only 2-D rectification.

GRASS provide n-polynomial image rectification
via i.rectify2 and generally 3 degree polynomial
is sufficient. The rest is the problem of area extent
and number of GCP.

Rgds,
--
Phisan Santitamnont, Dr.-Ing.