v.in.arc bug

Andrew E Long aelon at sph.umich.edu
Wed Jan 5 11:51:16 EST 2000

Hi all,
	Anyone ever try reading in an arc file and find that certain
polygons aren't converted to areas?

	I have, and just discovered what the problem is (I think!):
v.in.arc won't create areas from two polygons which start and end at the
same node. That is, if polygons A and B both start and end at (x,y), areas
will not be created for them.

	I corrected my polygon files by cycling the string of coordinates,
so that the terminal nodes were different, and then all was fine.

	I haven't looked into the code to see why this is. I'm using GRASS
4.2 on a Sun, and don't know if the problem still exists in 5.0.

Andy