Easy GRASS 5 question

bob at math.umn.edu bob at math.umn.edu
Wed Jan 5 14:01:58 EST 2000

> From: Andrew E Long <aelon at sph.umich.edu>

Thanks.  Yes, that is true.  However I was hoping there was a tool
that might combine some of the functionality of r.mask and r.mapcalc,
all from the command line.  Give the coords, an equation, maybe some flags,
and the region would be edited accordingly.

But I suppose a script using several extant utilities will also work.

> Seems to me that you want to explore r.mapcalc!
> Andy
>
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 bob at math.umn.edu wrote:
>

> > I'm trying to understand how to use GRASS as a read/write mapping
> > utility.  The challenge for me is to learn what to do in order to
> > read a pixel from a map layer, process it in some way, and then
> > write it back out with a new value to the same map layer.  The on-line
> > docs have not yielded the dark secret of this relatively low-level
> > operation set.  Could somebody point me in the right direction?  Or
> > should I start looking at the source code for some related commands?

Adios,
Chris
--
C.S. Cornuelle
School of Mathematics/MCIM, University of Minnesota
(612) 626-8930v, (612) 624-2333f, bob at math.umn.edu
Ferventer Vestite