Future direction - GRASS GUI

Wayne infotechsys at pivot.net
Fri Jan 14 23:16:02 EST 2000

Hello,
I've been following this thread and would like to add my $.02.  I think like
everyone else that
a GUI interface would be nice, but the language to develope in should meet
several criteria.
1. easy to learn.
2. easy to maintain.
3. rapid developement
4. good API.
5. runs on multiple platforms.
Althought I'm new to the language, I think Python fits the bill. Here is a
language that
can be object or procedural and can replace awk, sed and do much more. I
think
in the not to distance future Pyhton will replace Perl and possible Jave.
I should also note that there has been some discussion on the Python news
group
about making GUI interfaces to ArcView. Maybe we can use some of thier stuff.

Wayne.