rasterfile and coordinates

Jonny Birkelund jonnyb at prosus.no
Tue Jan 18 03:04:13 EST 2000

Hello all.

This is my first posting here. I have collected some questions, after
playing with Grass for a couple of weeks.  Hope somone can help me
with this.

I have a rasterchart and have downloaded a tracklog from my gps, then
I would like to get this information together, so my tracklog shows up
on the rasterchart.

- I import a raster file (tiff, uncompressed 1024x768) with r.in.tiff
and the file get these default coordinates in cellhd.  Why does it
choose cols and rows as default coordinats as north and east?

proj:       1
zone:       32
north:      768
south:      0
east:       1024
west:       0
cols:       1024
rows:       768
e-w resol:  1
n-s resol:  1
format:     0

- When I try to change this with v.support to the right coordinates
  (north, east, west south from my tracklog) it usually get
  stretched. It looks that the raster-file is "too big" for my
  coordnated. Is there anyway to scale it accordingly?

- Is there another way to change the coordinates on the file without
  using v.support?

Any hints is appreciated.

Regards,

--